Decades-Long Tradition Kicks-Off November 30
On November 30, a decades-long tradition resumes when holiday choir season commences at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through December 14, a different middle or high school choir performs holiday favorites at the Tramway’s Mountain Station.
For the 2018 holiday season, the Tramway is proud to present the following line-up:
- Friday, November 30 – Indio High School Choir
- Saturday December 1 – Desert Ridge Academy Concert Choir
- Sunday, December 2 – Palm Springs High School Madrigals & String Quartet
- Friday, December 7 – Jurupa Valley High School Chamber Singers
- Saturday, December 8 – Martin Luther King High School Chamber Singers & Show Choir
- Sunday, December 9 – Encore High School for the Arts Madrigals
- Friday, December 14 – The Lions’ Pride Chamber Singers (Cathedral City H.S.)
According to Martin Luther King High School Choir Director Brian Holm, “Our Chamber Singers have performed annually at the top of the Tramway for over a decade, not only to the delight our performers but—apparently—to Tram audiences as well! In fact, I remember singing here as part of my own high school choir. Everyone is glad to be continuing this long-standing holiday tradition.”
Show times are 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and are complimentary with regular Tram admission. Performances are on the Pines Café Stage with food and beverage service available from either the Pines Café or the Lookout Lounge. (Note: The 5:00 p.m. performance on December 2nd is outside on the Desert View Terrace as part of the tree lighting ceremony.) Open seating (no reservations taken).