February 25, 2019 – Additional items have been added since the February 19 assessment regarding damages sustained to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway from the February 14 storm.
- Repair work to the washed-out portion of Tram Way should be completed by the end of this week.
- Upon completion of road repairs, heavy equipment will be brought up to remove debris, such as rocks and trees.
- Contractors will begin repairs to the main power line (to restore power to the Mountain Station) and repair the Valley Station’s fire suppression system.
- Crews are digging out dirt and debris currently blocking the intake valve to the Valley Station water tank. Once refilled and properly treated, potable water will be available at the Valley Station.
- In addition to the previously reported water damage at the Mountain Station, some minor roof damage has been discovered.
- Additional minor damage to Tram Way has been identified.
The above repairs are expected to be completed by March 31, which would tentatively allow an April 1 reopening. We hope, however, that the work can be completed sooner thus permitting an earlier reopening.
In the meantime, Tramway website visitors are being directed to attraction links on the websites of the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism and the Greater Palm Springs Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.