February 19, 2019 – A partial assessment has been completed regarding damages sustained to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway from the February 14 storm.
- The power line at the Valley Station feeding electricity to the Mountain Station was severed resulting in damage to one of the Valley Station’s electrical panels. The Mountain Station continues to operate on generator power only.
- Debris removal of boulders, foliage and logs from the Valley Station and roadway continues.
- Several of the Tram’s nine parking lots sustained minor asphalt damage.
- The culvert at the damaged portion of Tram Way is currently filled with mud and debris. Once cleared and stream run-off is returned to the culvert, road repairs can proceed.
- The Mountain Station sustained only minor water damage and clean-up efforts will commence once road access is possible.
- Tramway systems were inspected including engine room and towers, and no damage has been found.
- The Tramway’s civil engineer has inspected roadway bridges and certified them structurally sound.
There are currently no time estimates for completion of the aforementioned items. Updates will be announced as available.